Vetiver Essential Oil is derived from the roots of the Vetiveria zizanioides, a densely tufted perennial grass, with aromatic roots and long narrow leaves native to South India, Indonesia and Sri Lanka. The essential oil distilled from the roots is also known as 'Fragrance of the Soil' or 'The Oil of Tranquility' in India and Sri Lanka due its sensuous, grounding, and deep calming capabilities. It also offers excellent health benefits which can be attributed to the presence of numerous Sesquiterpene compounds and is reputed to balance and preserve overall emotional well-being.
Constituents & Specifications
With over 100 sesquiterpene compounds and their derivatives, Vetiver Essential Oil's composition is known to be intricate and thus somewhat complicated. The important compounds that impart the characteristic vetiver odor are: khusimene, δ-selinene, β-vetivenene, cyclocopacamphan12-ol (epimers A and B), vetiselinenol, khusimol, isovalencenol, khusimone, α-vetivone, and β-vetivone.
- Specific Gravity : 0.978 - 1.033 @ 25°C
- Refractive Index : 1.513 - 1.528 @ 25°C
Please reach out to us for the COA
Vetiver Essential Oil is reputed to have many therapeutic properties. The following highlights its many benefits and the kinds of activity it is believed to show:
- COSMETIC: Stimulating, Anti-inflammatory, Cicatrisant, Deodorizing, Anti-septic, Tonic, Detoxifying, Rejuvenating, Strengthening, Replenishing, Hydrating.
- ODOROUS: Aphrodisiac, Sedative, Grounding, Calming, Balancing, Warming, Nervine, Deodorizing, Strengthening.
- MEDICINAL: Anti-septic, Aphrodisiac, Tonic, Anti-spasmodic, Immune-stimulating, Warming, Stimulating, Anti-inflammatory, Cicatrisant, Vulnerary, Detoxifying, Strengthening, Replenishing.
Benefits & Uses
- Vetiver Oil is known for its fresh, warm yet cooling, woody, earthy, and balsamic notes – can encourage feelings of confidence, stillness, and tranquility.
- Its sedative properties have made it ideal for use in relieving nervousness and restoring a sense of serenity, and it is reputed to effectively diminish feelings of anger, irritability, panic and restlessness.
- The strengthening properties of Vetiver Oil have made it an ideal tonic that eases problems of the mind to promote restful sleep and stimulate or enhance libido
- With its strengthening and grounding properties along with its comforting scent, Vetiver Oil is reputed to balance and preserve overall emotional well-being while enhancing concentration
- Vetiver Essential Oil is known to be a deeply hydrating moisturizer that firms, tightens, and protects skin against the harsh effects of environmental stressors, thereby reducing the appearance of wrinkles and exhibiting anti-aging properties
- Its regenerative properties facilitate the healing of wounds as well as the disappearance of scars, stretch marks, and acne, among other skin ailments
- Vetiver Essential Oil works as a natural anti-oxidant that promotes relief from various types of inflammation such as that of the joints or inflammation caused by sunstroke or dehydration
- Vetiver oil strengthens the central nervous system and is helpful in overcoming depression, insomnia, anxiety, stress, tension and nervousness.
- Its anti-septic properties are known to facilitate the healing of wounds by eliminating and preventing the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Its tonic properties are reputed to show regenerative effects as they enhance and maintain immunity & circulation and boost the metabolism as well as digestion
Perfumery & Others:
- Vetiver Essential Oil’s low evaporation rate and its solubility in alcohol makes it an ideal ingredient for use in perfumery
- Accordingly, it has become a significant component in several perfumes offered by prominent brands