Turmeric, often referred to as the “Golden Spice” doesn’t need any introduction. Native to the Indian subcontinent, it has been highly recognized across the world for attractive culinary, cosmetic and medicinal uses. It's a rich source of two major products with remarkable at-tributes: curcuminoids and essential oils. While curcumin is known extensively for its therapeutic properties, turmeric essential oil is a lot more concentrated and is loaded with therapeutic properties. In fact turmeric oil is known to contain over 300 phenolic compounds! Just to highlight one property, the major compounds, ar-turmerone, alpha-turmerone and beta-turmerone are sesquiterpene molecules that have the ability to pass through the blood brain barrier promoting oxygen in the brain.
Our Product Variants
- Turmeric Essential Oil
- Organic Turmeric Essential Oil
The specifications mentioned below are not for the organic variant of the oil. Please drop an enquiry for details regarding the organic cold pressed oil.
Constituents & Specifications
The major and the most distinctive compounds present in the turmeric essential oil are ar-,α- andβ–turmerones although numerous other intrinsic and extrinsic elements are present. These are the constituents that give interesting properties to the essential and also help determine the quality.
- Specific Gravity : 0.9160 - 0.9366 @ 25°
- Refractive Index : 1.5023 - 1.5138 @ 20°C
Please reach out to us for the COA
Turmeric Essential Oil is reputed to have many therapeutic properties. The following highlights its many benefits and the kinds of activity it is believed to show:
- COSMETIC : Antibacterial, Antifungal, Antiseptic, Moisturize, Exfoliate, Anti-inflammatory
- MEDICINAL : Cardiovascular protection, antihyperlipidemic, antiglycemic ,antioxidant, antiplatelet, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant,antiarthritic, anticarcinogenic,antifungal, antiangiogenic, anticonvulsant, neurodegenerative, anti-inflammatory
- AGRO/FOOD : Antimicrobial, herbicidal and antioxidant activities
Benefits & Uses
Aromatherapy & Others:
- Supports and strengthen immune function and encourages a positive response
- Soothes the mind, uplifts the mood, promotes positive emotions and increases energy with its warm, woody, earthy, and spicy scent
- Addresses negative emotions, fatigue, loss of appetite, headaches, and symptoms of allergies, colds, and fevers
- Manages respiratory conditions that make breathing difficult, such as asthma
- Inhaling turmeric essential oil is highly effective for boosting memory, cognitive function, and improving concentration.
- A strong antibacterial and antiseptic agent that may be beneficial for application to areas of minor burns, cuts, bites, and bruises
- Cleanses, clarifies, smoothes, calms, invigorates, and brightens the skin
- Removes excess natural skin oil and diminishes the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles
- Moisturizes dryness to alleviate itchiness
- Exfoliates to remove dead cells and reveal new skin, which can enhance natural radiance and promote a supple, healthy, revitalized appearance
- Nourishes and strengthen the hair strands
- Removes loose dandruff flakes from the hair and moisturizes dryness to help establish healthy scalp conditions that are conducive to hair growth
- Turmeric oil contains over 60% alpha-curcumene that allows turmeric oil to alleviate inflammation associated with chronic disease, joint pain, muscle aches, gout, inflammation of the digestive tract and more
- The combination of biologically active compounds in the oil offer everything from being antibacterial and antifungal to antiseptic and anti-inflammatory helping to ward off invaders, build immunity and keep inflammation in control.
- Used in massages, Turmeric Essential Oil is believed to:
- Support body’s natural recovery process after vigorous activity and injuries
- Promote skin elasticity and firmness through moisture
- Promote a sense of well-being through massage when experiencing itching, bruising, soreness, pain, cramps, and inflammation
- Invigorate the skin and support the body’s natural digestive function
- Turmeric oil along with other compounds, has presented a dose-dependent antimicrobial activity against a broad spectrum of food-borne and food-spoilage bacteria and fungi
- It acts as a bioherbicide and has proven to be a potential post-emergent treatment in the control of weeds