Native to the Indian subcontinent, Ashwagandha or the ‘Indian ginseng’ is one of the most powerful herbs that has been used since ancient times for a wide variety of conditions, and is most well-known for its restorative benefits. In traditional Ayurvedic medicine, ashwagandha is referred to as ‘rasayana’, or a plant that promotes longevity, vitality, and happiness. Ashwagandha belongs to a class of herbs called ‘adaptogens’, meaning it promotes balance across different systems of the body and helps to assist the body to adapt to the negative effects of chronic stress by increasing energy, strength, and stamina. Historically, the roots of Ashwagandha are the most crucial part of the plant and contains many useful phytochemical constituents, including steroidal lactones such as withanolides, alkaloids, flavonoids, fatty acids, choline, and amino acids. This gives the root its potent aphrodisiac, diuretic, anti-helminthic, anti-oxidant, anti-depressant, anti-diabetic properties and have been used to maintain youthful vigour, stamina, strength and health in individuals.
Our 100% natural Ashwagandha root powder is prepared through our proprietary drying process under controlled atmospheric conditions and cold-milled such that there is no impact to the potency and the state of the constituents present.
Benefits & Uses
- Anxiety : It can boost brain function and help fight symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Inflammation : Inflammation is the body’s normal response to conditions such as infection, toxins, and trauma. Under normal conditions, the body will produce an anti-inflammatory response to restore balance. In cases of chronic pain, however, the body is not able to regulate the inflammatory response. The result is chronic imbalance and chronic pain. Ashwagandha is one such herb which has proven to be effective in reducing inflammation.
- Heart health : Ashwagandha has a variety of benefits to the heart, including providing treatment to high cholesterol, high blood pressure, chest pain and various other heart diseases. Including Ashwagandha powder in your diet helps in maintaining a healthy heart.
- Fighting infections and boosting immunity : Ashwangandha soothes and calms inflamed or sensitive skin. Hence, it’s ideal for sensitive skin of the babies.
- Cancer : Certain studies have found that withaferin, which is a compound in ashwagandha, helps induce apoptosis, which is the programmed death of cancer cells. It also prevents the growth of new cancer cells in several ways. Withaferin is believed to promote the formation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) inside cancer cells, thereby disrupting their function. Studies also suggest that it may help treat various types of cancer, including breast, lung, colon, brain, and ovarian cancer. In one such study, rats with ovarian tumours treated with withaferin alone or in combination with an anti-cancer drug showed a significant reduction in tumour growth. The treatment is also believed to prevent the spread of cancer to other organs.
- Alzheimer's treatment: Researchers have found that Ashwagandha inhibits the production of beta-amyloid plaques. These plaques, considered lethal to brain cells, grow in the brains of people with neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s.
- Treating Insomnia : Ashwagandha is known to possess sleep-inducing properties that might seem beneficial to those suffering from sleeplessness.
- Treating ulcers : Various studies propose that ashwagandha could be a natural remedy for ulcers. Gastric ulcers are ulcers that can develop from damage to the stomach lining.
- Battling diabetes : Ashwagandha works by regulating the body’s production of insulin. It stimulates the secretion of insulin in the bloodstream by improving the break down of sugars in the blood.
- Preventing and healing acne : Ashwagandha root has both antibacterial and antimicrobial properties which protect the skin from infections or acne. It also boosts the collagen in the skin which prevents it from ageing.
- Cure for Vitiligo: Vitiligo is a disease that causes the loss of skin colour in blotches. It occurs when the pigment-producing cells either die or stop functioning. Medical treatment can help reduce the symptoms, but this condition cannot entirely be cured. Ashwagandha can diminish the condition to a great extent when consumed regularly.
- Hair Care: Ashwagandha possesses powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which help in keeping the scalp healthy. Ashwagandha powder is a rich source of flavonoids that also possesses fatty acids, glucose, potassium, tannins, and nitrate. Tyrosine, an amino acid present in Ashwagandha stimulates the production of melanin and restrains the loss of melanin in the hair
- Ashwagandha is a superfood that promises beautiful, glowing skin and healthy nails.
- Ashwagandha has high levels of antioxidants that fight signs of ageing such as wrinkles, dark spots, fine lines, and blemishes.
- It also contains alkaloids that act on the nervous system to ease anxiety and stress, which in turn have a direct impact on the health of our skin and hair
- It moisturizes: Ashwagandha soothes and protects against dry, rough skin.
- It cleanses: The compounds referred to as withanolides help cleanse dirt and impurities, which can prevent clogged pores and acne.